An exciting honey jam recipe. The sweet and sour lusciousness of raspberry, combined with the spiciness of crushed black pepper and the wholesome flavor of honey, is a taste you will never forget. After trying this recipe, an acquaintance started adding crushed black pepper every time he had raspberry jam.
It’s a simple recipe. It’s an easy recipe. One you will surely enjoy.
For a more detailed explanation on how to make jam, as always, check out The Jam Ram’s How to Make Jam Guide. It’s the most comprehensive jam making guide on the internet.
Yields about six 250ml / 8oz jars.
- 1kg / 2.2lbs Fresh Raspberries
- 25g / 5tsp lemon juice
- 1kg / 2.2lbs honey
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper (add more to taste)
- Throw everything together in a pot, and cook on medium heat. Don’t turn too high as the honey can burn easily.
- Slowly let cook down until it has reached the consistency of jam (you can always use a refractometer to confirm this part)
- As always, use correct canning procedures if storing in a jar